News: filling Station seeking Business Administrator
2016-01-30 11:03:AM ago by karin.moen
Closes February 16 at midnight
filling Station magazine is seeking a Business Administrator, to begin in February 2016. The Business Administrator undertakes tasks related to the weekly business operations of the magazine. The successful candidate will demonstrate superior organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and records-keeping. The ideal candidate will have bookkeeping experience as well as an interest in arts administration.
- Picking up mail from the magazine’s post office box regularly
- Promptly delivering mail to the appropriate party (i.e. review books & publisher catalogues to the Managing Editor; subscription notices to the Circulations Manager; and grant notifications to the Board, etc)
- Sending outgoing fS mail (incl. payments) in a timely manner
- Making & recording bank deposits
- Writing cheques / paying invoices in a timely manner
- Making renewals: P.O. Box, professional memberships etc
- Establishing and maintaining a book-keeping system to record financial transactions & reconcile the monthly bank statements
- Recording cheques, tracking receipts, managing petty cash…
- Providing minor administrative support as needed, such as email and communications related to the above tasks
- Supplying bookkeeping records as required to the Board’s Treasurer for the purposes of fiscal oversight, financial reporting & grant-writing
Because the volume of business fS conducts is modest, the expected time commitment is approximately 10 hours per month. The successful candidate will receive a monthly honorarium.
If you are eager to help grow our exciting, alternative literary magazine, please email a cover letter, resumé, and two references to email@example.com, quoting Business Administrator Position in the subject line. The job competition closes at midnight February 16, 2016.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate may be asked to submit to a background check. We look forward to hearing from you.