News: filling Station is Hiring
2015-08-06 20:27:PM ago by paul.zits
filling Station magazine is seeking a volunteer Circulation Manager to direct and coordinate all distribution efforts beginning in September 2015. The Circulation Manager oversees the entire circulation process, ensures magazines are distributed in a timely fashion, and continuously strives to increase the magazine’s subscription base by developing and implementing various promotional activities. The Circulation Manager works to grow the magazine's circulation while improving filling Station's internal processes to deliver on subscriptions and report on sales performance.
filling Station is a local literary magazine produced in Calgary, which publishes experimental poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art. By consistently providing an exciting contrast to more traditional literary and arts journals, filling Station remains unique within the Canadian and international literary landscape. filling Station is completely volunteer-run and celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2013.
filling Station will offer the successful candidate a creative work environment, a chance to innovate, access to professional development opportunities, and valuable experience in the publishing industry. Because filling Station is a dynamic, small organization, we can offer great distribution and sales experience in this volunteer position. As Circulation Manager you will have significant impact on the growth of the magazine.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling orders from online Shopify customers, libraries across North America via EBSCO, and mailed requests
- Mailing magazines to customers
- Logging order information in Subscriber Database and maintain the document’s accuracy
- Gaining thorough knowledge of Canada Post regulations, rates, and discounts
- Acquiring and retaining paid and controlled subscribers
- Writing and distributing renewal letters
- Keeping an inventory of filling Station issues
- Analyzing sales data
- Participating in and contributing to monthly editorial meetings
- Offering support in other tasks related to publication (proofreading, brainstorming content, etc.)
The magazine is looking for an individual with a good eye for detail and an ability to work independently with little supervision. Experience working with literary magazines would be asset but is not required. Most importantly, filling Station seeks a new member who shares the team’s enthusiasm for contemporary literature and art.
If you are eager to help grow our exciting, alternative literary magazine, please send a letter of interest, indicating any experience and relevant qualifications, and a CV and/or resume to email@example.com. Please quote Circulation Manager Position in the subject line. The job competition closes August 31, 2015. We thank all applicants and will contact those selected for an interview.