News: fS Seeks a Circulation Manager
2012-07-11 12:06:PM ago by caitlynn.cummings
filling Station magazine is seeking a volunteer Circulation Manager to direct and coordinate all distribution efforts. The Circulation Manager oversees the entire circulation process, ensures magazines are distributed in a timely fashion, and continuously strives to increase the magazine’s subscription base by developing and implementing various promotional activities. The Circulation Manager works to grow the magazine's circulation while improving filling Station's internal processes to deliver on subscriptions and report on sales performance.
filling Station is a local literary magazine produced in Calgary, which publishes innovative and original Canadian poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art. By consistently providing an exciting contrast to more traditional literary and arts journals, filling Station remains unique within the Canadian and international literary landscape. filling Station is completely volunteer-run and thus the Circulation Manager position is unpaid. However, filling Station will offer the successful candidate a creative work environment, a chance to innovate, access to professional development opportunities, and valuable experience in the publishing industry.
Because filling Station is a dynamic, small organization, we can offer greater distribution and sales experience in this volunteer position than in paid positions elsewhere. As Circulation Manager you will own the work of an entire department, a substantial responsibility, and have significant impact on the growth of the magazine. As this is a pivotal role, it requires sustained effort; a time commitment of 5 hours per week can be expected, with a greater workload at peak production times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• fulfilling orders from online Shopify customers, libraries across North America via EBSCO, and mailed requests
• mailing magazines to customers within a week of order
• logging order information in Subscriber Database and maintaining the document’s accuracy
• gaining thorough knowledge of Canada Post regulations, rates, and discounts
• organizing mailouts
• acquiring and retaining paid and controlled subscribers
• writing and distributing renewal letters
• planning, executing, and analyzing circulation marketing plans
• keeping an inventory of filling Station issues
• analyzing sales data
• a meticulous eye for detail
• a self-starting personality
• ability to work independently with little supervision
• strong analytical and data collection skills
• advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• experience with Shopify, Paypal, and Zinio an asset
• motivation to run your own department, taking pride in developing and maintaining a superior product distribution system
• previous experience in circulation management, distribution, and/or supply chain an asset
• interest in Canadian literature an asset
• ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• a creative marketing mind
• aptitude for problem solving
• superior communication and interpersonal skills
• professionalism required to be an ambassador for filling Station
If you are eager to help grow our exciting, alternative literary magazine, please send a cover letter and resume by July 31, 2012 to email@example.com, quoting Circulation Manager Position in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We hope to hear from you soon.